Sharing our resources and expertise is more than a social obligation. It’s who we are.
As professionals, and as people, we are strongly connected to the Geelong community we’ve been serving for more than 80 years. Now, with locations throughout the Surf Coast, Bellarine and beyond, we are also embedded in many smaller communities.
Our commitment is to make a difference to those communities, big and small, through pro bono work, participation and sponsorships.
We know that many people and organisations in our community are unable to access justice without pro bono legal assistance. Our pro bono program helps meet those needs via a sensitive, professional service.
We encourage our people to ‘give back’ in a meaningful way. At last count, 18 members of our team were serving on community boards and committees including the Leaders for Geelong program, Barwon Heads Community Bank, Geelong Law Association, MacKillop Family Services, Multicultural Aged Care Services (MACS), Torquay Commerce and Tourism Committee, Geelong Kindergarten Society, Sanctuary Counselling, Diversitat and Bethany.
We support local charities and not-for-profit organisations including: GenU, Kids Plus Foundation, Give Where You Live, Geelong Mums, Cotton On Foundation and Diversitat.
Our key community partnerships include:
- Our people regularly engage in the Geelong Mums Corporate Volunteering program.
- Gold Sponsor for the Surf Coast Trek to raise funds in support of the Kids Plus Foundation and Give Where You Live.
- Sponsoring and participating in the GenU “Journey to Work” project helping disadvantaged young women gain employment or return to study.
- Our people participating in the Give Where You Live Loaned Executive Program which encourages workplace giving.
- Our people working with the Red Cross Telecross service (since 2002) to provide the elderly and housebound with a daily phone call to ensure they are safe and well.
- Sponsoring local sporting clubs such as St Marys Football & Netball Club, Jan Juc Surf Life Saving Club, Anglesea Surf Life Saving Club and Ocean Grove Surf Life Saving Club.